Tuesday, May 26

Club News

The website of your local football club


EBFL Match Report – Away to Hounslow Wanderers FC – 01/09/2018

Hounslow Wanderers 4 – 6 Wraysbury Village EBFL

Wraysbury started the match in a 4 1 4 1 formation with the starting line up as follows;

Chris Randall, Scott Hopkins (Captain), Ollie Pitt, Carl Williams, Kieran Guy, Sean Hill, Mackenzie Bermingham, Max Woodley, Alfie Fairhall, Callum Hughes, Garret Pikulak.

The subs bench was Dan Stott, Lewis Hewitt, Colin White, Alex Harvey and Perrie Dhesi.

The match started well for the Stags when a Sean Hill long throw went all the way through, Wraysbury claimed a touch but the goal was disallowed. 10 Minutes into the game, Wraysbury did take the lead with the same long throw by Sean, this team being headed into the far corner by Max Woodley. This lead was doubled to 2 – 0 on 20 minutes as Garret Pikulak was bundled over outside the box before Callum Hughes scored directly from the resulting free kick.  2 minutes later it was 3 – 0 to the Stags as another Sean Hill long throw is met by the head of a Hounslow defender and loops over the keeper for an own goal. On 33 minutes a marauding run by Alfie Fairhall was rewarded with a Penalty kick after a push on Fairhall, he took the penalty himself, which was well saved to the keepers right before slamming home the rebound for a 4 – 0 lead. 4 minutes before half time Scott Hopkins is denied a wonderful 30-yard strike by the offside flag being raised.

The 2nd half started as the 1s half finished with Wraysbury well on top as 2 corners in quick succession were met with free headers by Alfie Fairhall, but both didn’t trouble the Hounslow goal. However, on 58 minutes Fairhall did take his chance after a great run and cross by Lewis Hewitt, Fairhall connects with a sweet half volley into the roof of the net. On 68 minutes Hounslow break away and score for 5 – 1. 4 minutes later Wraysbury respond after a good pass from Alex Harvey and a nice turn and run leads to Fairhall completing his hattrick with an emphatic finish over the keeper. 5 minutes later Hopkins is denied again by the referee after a goal line decision goes Hounslow’s way after a long-range free kick. Hounslow then win a penalty which is well saved by Chris Randall in goal. Hounslow sensing the opportunity to turn the pressure up overload in the box and do find the net to make it 6 – 2. It is 6 – 3 shortly after a foul by Harvey is punished with a direct free kick. From the resulting kickoff Hounslow charge possession down and score again to make it 6 – 4. This is where scoring finishes but not the action, Alfie is brought down again the box, this time Garret Pikulak takes the penalty which is again well saved to the keepers right.

After the match, Manager Scott Allaway said;

“This was our first match as is a good result for us as the 3 points were key. We learnt a couple of things today but most import was that we showed we can get off to a quick start and really turn the screw. In the end, the score flattered the opposition after our play was interrupted after our substitutions.”

Man of the Match – Max Woodley/Alfie Fairhall.